Our 1 day training course is designed to help your staff achieve and maintain data protection compliance.
- Location: Your offices to save you time and minimise disruption
- Time: To be advised by you
- Number of attendees: Unlimited – the seminar can be ‘one to one’ or group based
- Prerequisite knowledge: None
Summary of content (although this can be tailored for your specific needs):
1) Introduction to GDPR, background and context
2) GDPR definitions
3) How GDPR differs to the former Data Protection Act
4) Implications of non-compliance
5) The seven Data Protection principals
6) The six lawful grounds for processing data with particular emphasis on Consent & Legitimate interest
7) The eight ‘Rights of Data Subjects’
8) Subject Access Requests
9) Accountability & record keeping
10) Obligations of Data Controllers and Data Processors
11) Data transfers both within and outside the EEA
12) PECR and ePR and the implications of the changes
Q&A session & End
About the trainer: Paul Evans has over 25 years of practical experience of working with b2b data and helping clients comply with data privacy since prior to the introduction of the Data Protection Act 1998. Paul is also a Certified GDPR Practitioner.
Disclaimer: Our training services are not to be considered legal advice and should be used for information purposes only. Please seek the advice of a Data Protection Solicitor for detailed legal advice.